If you’re a coffee lover, you’ve probably come across the name Keurig. This is an American company that’s been around for two decades, during which it has become one of the leaders in the production of quality coffee brewers.
We assure you that all of the products in Keurig collection are worth checking out. In fact, if you’ve made your choice by picking one Keurig brewer with blindfold over your eyes, you would pick a good one.
Still, there are some products that stand out a bit from the crowd. No, we’re not talking about the quality of coffee they make – all the Keurig brewers will make you a fantastic cup of coffee that will take your taste buds to paradise. We’re talking about the ease of use and maintenance.
If you are looking for a coffee brewer that’s easy to use and clean, look no further than Keurig K200!
What’s So Great about Keurig K200 Coffee Brewer?
The thing that we love the most about this product is that it comes with a 2-inch touchscreen, which makes using the brewer super-easy. Basically, everything is done via the touchscreen. This is the thing you use when you want to order the brewer to make you a cup of coffee.
Apart from letting you pick the size of your mug and the type of beverage, the touchscreen will also provide you with many useful info. We’re talking information like the temperature of the water, the time left before the coffee is done, and so on. It will also notify you if there are any problems, i.e. if you’ve inserted a coffee pod that’s not compatible with this brewer.
Speaking of coffee pods, Keurig K200 works best with the pods that are made by the same company. We’re talking about Keurig K-Cups, K-Mugs, and K-Carafe pods. Of course, apart from the original Keurig pods, you can use pods made by other brands, as long as they’re compatible with the brewer. Just be aware that this does not include the old Keurig pods.
Keurig K200 Features
As already mentioned, we think Keurig K200 brewer is extremely easy to brew. And now it’s time to talk about the features that make it so user-friendly.
- Two-inch black & white touchscreen – The touchscreen is large enough for you to be able to set up the brewing program, as well as to read all the information about the beverage you’re making, the amount of water there is in the container, and so on. In simple words, the touchscreen is all you need to control the brewer.
- Coffee strength control – One of the things enabled through the use of the touchscreen is the coffee strength control. If you need your caffeine-kick in the morning, you will be able to choose the highest level. And if you want to drink a low-caffeine beverage before going to bed, this feature will allow you to pick a mode that will brew such a drink.
- Hot chocolate mode – Apart from using Keurig K200 for coffee brewing, you can use it to make hot chocolate as well. All you got to do is pick this setting.
- 40oz water tank – The water tank is large and is placed at the back of the brewer, which makes it easy to reach and detach. Furthermore, thanks to its position, you got nothing to worry that you would spill the water over the brewer.
- Detachable parts – The water container is not the only part of the brewer that’s detachable. In fact, you can take out most of its parts and wash them in the dishwasher.
- Lovely design, great built quality – Keurig K200 is a rugged little device that doesn’t break easily. It also looks lovely and the best thing about its design is that it comes in several color versions – black, white, serenity blue, turquoise, red, violet, and sandy pearl.
- Water filter included – A water filter is included in the package, same as a water filter handle.
Pros & Cons of Keurig K200
At this point, you probably realize that we favor this brewer. It comes with all the features you may wish for. Plus, it looks really nice. And you get all of this at a very reasonable price. That said, we still believe that there are some things that could do with an improvement.
Here’s a list of pros and cons, which should help you realize whether this product gets a pass or not.
- Nice design
- Affordable price
- Very easy to use thanks to touchscreen control
- Compatible with different types of coffee pods
- Easy in terms of cleaning and maintenance
- Large water container
- It’s strange that a brewer with touchscreen control does not have some advanced options like timer, for example.
Keurig K200 Alternatives
Did you know that there’s a new version of this model available on Amazon? If you liked Keurig K200, you’re gonna fall in love with Keurig K250. This coffee brewer has basically the same features as its predecessor, but with some improvements.
The most obvious is that K250 looks even more awesome than K200. It also comes with some extra features and is a little faster and a little bit more reliable when it comes to brewing. The only problem with the newer model is that it costs a more than the old one. So, if money is no concern for you, then you should give Keurig K250 a thought.
Keurig K200: To Buy or Not To Buy?
When it comes to the taste of coffee (or some other beverage, i.e. hot chocolate), you got nothing to worry about – Keurig K200 will not disappoint you. But, that’s true for literally any coffee brewer made by this company.
What makes Keurig K200 stands out from other brewers is that it’s very easy to use and maintain. You won’t need to spend too much time in order to clean it and coffee making will become something that takes only 1-2 minutes.
Sure, it may lack some advanced features like timer or delayed brewing mode, but you really can’t ask more from a relatively affordable coffee brewer. With the price as low as 90 bucks, this brewer is a real bargain.