Keurig is a company that’s been around for two decades. You may argue that it’s not much, but this company has established a really impressive reputation during that period. Actually, Keurig is a name that’s synonymous with quality coffee brewers.
What makes Keurig stand out is their extremely user-friendly attitude. Brewing coffee using one of their products is so simple that anyone can do it. They’re also pretty reliable and even look real nice. So, it’s kind of surprising fact that Keurig coffee brewers are usually much cheaper than similar products made by other manufacturers, i.e. Nespresso.
Although we’re sure you won’t make a bad decision whichever product from Keurig collection you choose, we do feel that some brewers are a bit better than the rest. For example, if you would like to get yourself a single-cup brewer, our advice is to go with Keurig K55.
What’s So Great About Keurig K55
The first thing that makes this brewer stand out from the crowd is that it’s a fast little worker that can brew you a cup of coffee super-quick. We’re talking seconds, not minutes. It’s all thanks to the fact that this brewer is based on the Keurig’s patented K-Cup brewing system.
If you’re not familiar with this brewing system, how it works is that you just basically need to insert a K-Cup pod, choose your brew size (6, 8, or 10 ounces) and press the start button. Sixty seconds later, your coffee is ready!
Speaking of K-Cups, they come in a variety of flavors, so you can be sure you’ll find your ideal type of coffee. Apart from coffee, K55 can also brew tea for you or any other beverage that comes in form of K-Cups or some other compatible pods.
As you can see, K55 simply excels when it comes to beverage brewing, which is the most important feature of any brewer. Of course, the taste of coffee you make does not only depend on the brewer, but on coffee pods as well. So, let’s talk a little about them as well!
Which Pods Should You Use?
One of the things that makes Keurig cherished by passionate coffee lovers is that this manufacturer makes coffee pods specially designed for their brewers. This means that if you want to brew a perfect cup of coffee with your Keurig K55 brewer, you need to use K-Cups!
The types of K-Cups this brewer can work with include Keurig 2.0 K-Cups, My K-Cup, and reusable K-Cups. On top of that, K55 can also brew coffee using pods that are not made by Keurig. They just need to be of the same size and design as original K-cups.
Features of Keurig K55
Keurig K55 comes with some features that add even more to the user convenience. Here are some of those which we think are worth mentioning.
- One-touch settings – As we’ve already mentioned, this brewer is super-easy to use. All you got to do is press a button and K55 will start brewing.
- Auto shut off – This feature is very useful as it saves your money in a long run by saving electricity. The device shuts off after two hours of inactivity.
- Light notifications – This brewer does not feature a control display, but it does come with light notifications that will tell you when you need to add more water, when the heating has started, and so on.
- Removable drip tray – You can easily remove it when you need to clean the device.
- Removable water tank – This means that you can easy pour water in, without worrying you will spill it over the brewer.
- Removable pot holder – When it comes to cleaning, Keurig K55 is fantastic. You can remove most of its parts and wash them in the dishwasher. One of those parts is the pot holder.
- Compact dimensions – With a pretty compact size of 9.8 x 13.3 x 13 inches (W x L x H), this brewer will not take too much space on the countertop.
- Water filters included – Two water filters come included in the package, together with a water filter handle.
- 4 K-Cup pods included – Keurig wants you to see how awesome the coffee made with K-Cups is, which is why four pods come with the package. But, what are you gonna do after you spend them? You can always buy coffee pods on Amazon!
Pros & Cons of Keurig K55
As you’ve probably figured out already, we’re very impressed with this coffee brewer. It has most of the features you need to quickly and easily make a cup of coffee. And the best thing, of course, is that the coffee made with K55 using K-Cups has a sensational taste.
Still, we do believe that there’s some room for improvement. For instance, there’s no control screen, meaning that you can’t set up any advanced programs, like delayed coffee brewing. You also won’t be able to check the water temperature and so on.
Truth be told, for regular users, those features aren’t crucial. And considering that Keurig K55 is a pretty affordable coffee brewer, you really can’t expect it to come with too many advanced features.
Now it’s time to do a small recap of the things we love and the thing we don’t like about this brewer. So, here are the pros and cons!
- Compatible with all kinds of K-Cups, even those that aren’t made by Keurig
- Keurig K55 is very easy to use
- It’s small and compact and even looks pretty nice
- With the price of less than a hundred dollars Keurig K55 is one of the most affordable coffee brewers
- There’s no control screen
Keurig K55 – To Buy or Not to Buy?
Can we honestly say that Keurig K55 is the best coffee brewer on the market? No, we can’t. But, we can guarantee that you will be satisfied with the coffee it makes if you decide to buy it. Furthermore, you will have no problems using it as its controls are pretty straightforward. And considering that this is a Keurig brewer, it’s fair to say that it should serve you well for years.